日曜日はマグロだDay (nichiyoubi wa maguro da day)
Oma is renowned throughout Japan for its high quality and bluefin tuna. The world's most expensive tuna (sold in January 2013 at the Tsukuji Fish Market auction for 155.4 million yen, or about 1.8 million US dollars) came from Oma.
On Sundays throughout September and October in Oma, you can watch tuna carving demonstrations and also purchase a meal made with the freshly carved tuna.
Time: Morning Session: 9:30～; Afternoon Session: 12:15～
Location: Omakou Kyuu Reizouko Tokusetsu Kaijou (Kyuurei) 大間港旧冷蔵庫特設会場 (キュウレイ）
- Tuna Carving Demonstration マグロ解体ショー
- Freshly Carved Tuna & Local Product Sales 解体マグロ即売・特産品販売
- Freshly Carved Tuna Set Meal 解体新鮮なマグロ定食 (2300yen, limited quantities)
Guests who stay at the Oma Onsen the night before a "Sunday is Tuna Day" can receive a free tuna tasting voucher (無料試食券). See the Oma Onsen homepage (http://cld1.worldcom.ne.jp/~omaonsen/, Japanese only) for more details.
Oma Wide Up (Japanese): http://oma-wide.net/2015/0827-4880.html
大間超マグロ祭り (Oma chou maguro matsuri)
Date: October 24-25, 2015
ocation: Omakou Kyuu Reizouko Tokusetsu Kaijou (Kyuurei) 大間港旧冷蔵庫特設会場 (キュウレイ）
- 9:00-14:00: Tuna Carving Demonstration マグロ解体ショー
- 9:00-15:00: Freshly Carved Tuna & Local Product Sales 解体マグロ・特産品販売
- October 24: Oma Kitadori Soran Kai Yosakoi Dance
- October 25: Various Performances (Rakugo by Sanyuutei Dairaku (三遊亭大楽)； Enka Song Show (桂ゆり), etc.)
Oma Wide Up (Japanese): http://oma-wide.net/2015/0904-4931.html