Spirit of the Sword (刀剣魂 touken damashii)
An exhibit exploring swords throughout Aomori and Japan's history, as well as in modern culture and folklore.
Kyodokan Hours: 9:00-18:00 Daily (last admission 17:30)
- Adult: 500yen at door (400yen advance ticket)
- High School & University Students: 240yen at door (200yen advance ticket)
- Junior High School Students & Younger: Free
- Jul. 16: Practical Seminar "Sword Maintenance (Demonstration)"
- Jul. 23: "Samurai & Style & Japanese Swords"
- Jul. 30: "About Akabane* Swords"
- Aug. 6: "The History of Japanese Swords from the Heian Period to Modern Day"
- Aug. 20: "Spirit of the Sword"
- Aug. 27: "Real Sword-Fighting Demonstration" by 2 Aomori Masters
Aomori Kyodokan 青森県立郷土館
Aomori, Aomori Prefecture 030-0802
Aomori Kyodokan (Japanese): http://www.pref.aomori.lg.jp/bunka/culture/kyodokan.html