日曜日はマグロだDay (Nichiyoubi wa Maguro da Day)
Oma is renowned throughout Japan for its high quality and bluefin tuna. The world's most expensive tuna (sold in January 2013 at the Tsukuji Fish Market auction for 155.4 million yen, or about 1.8 million US dollars) came from Oma.
On Sundays throughout September and October in Oma, you can watch tuna carving demonstrations and also purchase a meal made with the freshly carved tuna.
Time: Morning Session: 9:30～; Afternoon Session: 12:15～
Location: Omakou Tokusetsu Kaijou (Kyuurei) 大間港特設会場 (キュウレイ）(map)
- Tuna Carving Demonstration マグロ解体ショー
- Freshly Carved Tuna & Local Product Sales 解体マグロ即売・特産品販売
- Freshly Carved Tuna Set Meal 解体新鮮なマグロ定食 (2500yen, limited quantities)
- Sep. 4: Taiko Drumming Performance
- Oct. 9: Special Appearance by Singer Yoshimi Kitano
Guests who stay at the Oma Onsen the night before a "Sunday is Tuna Day" can receive a free voucher for a tuna sample (無料試食券). See the Oma Onsen website (Japanese only) for more details.
Oma Wide Up (Japanese): http://oma-wide.net/2016/0831-6202.html
Oma Super Tuna Festival 2016
大間超マグロ祭り (Oma Chou Maguro Matsuri)
Date: October 29-30, 2016
ocation: Omakou Tokusetsu Kaijou (Kyuurei) 大間港特設会場 (キュウレイ）(map)
- 9:00-14:00: Tuna Carving Demonstration マグロ解体ショー
- 9:00-15:00: Freshly Carved Tuna & Local Product Sales 解体マグロ・特産品販売
- Appearances by Oma Town Mascot Character Kamomaaru
- October 29: Appearance by Rakugo Artist Sanyutei Rakudai
- October 29: Yoshimi Kitano Kayou Song Show
Aomori Sightseeing Guide aptinet (Japanese): http://www.aptinet.jp/Detail_display_00000724.html
Omakou Tokusetsu Kaijou 大間港特設会場
Oma Town, Shimokita District, Aomori Prefecture 039-4601