レールバス キハ104 夕暮れ撮影会2016秋 (Rail Bus Kiha 104 Yuugure Satsueikai Aki)
The Kiha 104, a diesel train celebrating its 60th anniversary since it was first made in 1956, is the main draw of this year's event.
Railbuses* were used on the Nanbu Jukan Railway Line (南部縦貫鉄道線) running between Noheji and Shichinohe from 1962-1997. Although the line went out of use in 2002 the railbuses have been preserved and maintained in running condition, and are periodically put on public display.
(*A railbus is a very lightweight type passenger rail vehicle (typically non-articulated or rigid frame) (Source: Wikipedia).)
Date: Saturday November 5, 2016
Location: Former Nanbu Jukan Railway Line Shichinohe Station
- Schedule may change in the event of rain
- Due to the age of the locomotives, some trains may not be able to be displayed as scheduled
- Entry into certain areas may be prohibited at certain times
- In the event that the photography session is overcrowded, time slots may be assigned for people to take turns taking photographs
- Watch your step as the grounds are enclosed by waterways and other obstructions
Former Nanbu Jukan Railway Line Shichinohe Station 旧南部縦貫鉄道線 七戸駅
Base of the Trip Shichinohe Tourism Website (Japanese): http://www.shichinohe-kankou.jp/event_detail?id=00006816